"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

14 February 2007

Resevoir view

Resevoir View (Traditional Cache)


Micro Kroner Travelbug


A double-headed business trip to west Wales offered a chance to get my hands on some caches that had been on my watchlist for quite a while. First up, at 7am, was Resevoir view, in the heart of the Brecon Beacons between Merthyr and Brecon.

I had expected this cache to be near a layby on the main A470 road, so was surprised when I needed to turn off for a short detour onto the Hirwaun road.

The cache was not the most impressive - a fairly shoddy tupperware container not particularly well concealed under a large boulder. There is also some uncertainty about the co-ordinates for this one, as well. However, I found it without too much hassle and was glad to tick this one off for future reference in case some nice geocoin goodies turn up in this cache when I'm on future northbound trips.