"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

14 February 2007

Of gorse you can see the sea!

Of Gorse you can see the sea! (Traditional cache)


County Challenge Yorkshire Geocoin


After a comparatively diligent morning's work in "the Shed", lunch hour was approaching. Surely, enough time for a quick cache and dash...? Logged on to geocaching.com to find the nearest local caches.

I took my chance on a chance situated just south of Aberaeron, about 20 mins from where I was based at work. The incentive of a Yorkshire geocoin, and my knowledge of the local roads, were key factors. I banked on 20mins to get there, 20 mins to find the cache and 20 mins to get back.

Frustrated by slow drivers and temporary traffic lights, it took nearer 30mins to get there and 20 mins to find the cache on the coastal path. Delighted to salvage a Yorkshire geocoin, having narrowly missed out on one at Cardiff West services in the autumn.

Got back to work at 14:20, 20 minutes late. However, as is usually the case in my job - nobody noticed my absence. I could have flown to the moon and back and no-one would have been any the wiser...