"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

2 September 2008

1st cache in Cumbria!

Just a quick post to acknowledge the moment when a swathe of north west England on my "itsnotaboutthenumbers.com" stats turned sky blue - denoting my first cache find in Cumbria. I subsequently found a second cache, which means that the county will turn into a darker shade of blue when I input the data for the second cache.

More details of the Cumbria trip to follow. Suffice to say that the Cumbria cache finds have opened up a glaring gap in my geocaching fiefdom. I now require caches both in Lancashire, AND either of Merseyside/Greater Manchester, in order to regain a contiguous caching territory on the county map.

* I've just realised that the same aim could also be acheived by the less likely scenario of bagging caches in North Yorkshire AND either of South Yorkshire/ Humberside, thus linking up with Nottinghamshire, which provided my 2nd and 3rd finds, way back when I was just starting this bloody lark.