"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

5 April 2008

Hat-trick in Cardiff

Who was here 3: the runaway Nan-o what a liberty (Traditional (nano) cache)


Taff Eternal View (Traditional cache)


Weir off to Llandaff (Traditional cache)


Taffy the fire-breathing dragon (Travelbug)


Fotheda Frog (Travelbug)


Another business trip to south-east Wales provided a chance to notch up a hat-trick of caches in my old stomping ground in Cardiff. I was particularly pleased to find the "nano" cache, part of the "Who was here?" series by Pezzini who has a series of caches based on the Dr Who episodes based in south Wales. The nano cache was a tiny magnetic canister on a railing in the centre of Cardiff. These are notoriously hard to find, and I did it at around 07:45 am.

A brisk walk up the Taff saw me notch up a previous "DNF", at "Taff Eternal View". This was the scene of my impromptu meeting with Von-Horst below, and it was V-H who had kindly given me a tip-off to this cache, which was muggled shortly after I'd found it.

An 8-hour break for the 3rd cache, after work. This time I parked at Tesco and strolled northwards up the Taff to Landaf, and found a nicely hidden cache hidden in some logs. Overall, a good day's work which takes the total up to 180 caches - the countdown to 200 begins in earnest!