"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

7 April 2008

Geocache UK back online


After a lengthy absence, I'm glad to report that Geocache UK seems to be back online, after trouble from malicious hackers.

Geocache UK is an independent site that "scrapes" the raw data from the official geocaching site in order to provide a full data breakdown for every UK geocacher. It comes with a funky, personalised map of every cacher's finds and hides.

My map has a few changes since I last put it up. The red cluster in south west Wales is more pronounced, and there is a new cluster in north west Wales, representing my recent trip to Bangor/Ynys Mon/Caernarfon. My two hides in south west Wales are also shown in green.

Elsewhere, clusters in Dorset, Surrey-Berkshire and the midlands highlight rogue geocaching trips of sunny days gone by...