"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

15 February 2008

Tortoiseshell's 150th Find Geocoin

Amidst all the activity of the last couple of weeks, my 150th cache find passed in a bit of a haze. As it happens, the 150th find was an Earthcache ("Ria View", based on Cleddau Bridge in Pembrokeshire). A bit of an anti-climax really as all that was required was to walk onto the bridge and take a photo. Nevertheless, as has now become custom, a geocoin was duly purchased to mark the event.

On this occasion, I have gone for a Liverpool City of Culture 2008 commemorative geocoin (icon shown above, left). I also got one for my bro, TCA, to mark the occasion of his 37th birthday. I was in a bit of a dilemma as to whether or not to release it into the wild. It's a nice shiny coin and I don't want it to go AWOL. In the end, I decided to put it in "Geocelc Mynydd Penbre" as a resident geocoin for others to log, but not take.