"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

1 October 2007

Newgale Earthcache

"Beach Berms" (Earthcache)


Over the weekend I collected only my second ever "earthcache". My previous one was back in March when I visited Kimmeridge Bay. "Earth caches" are similar to "Virtual caches" in that they are existing landmarks, rather than hidden containers.

A few years ago, there were so many "earthcaches" and "virtuals" cluttering up the geocaching scene that new ones were prohibited (although ones created prior to a cut-off date were allowed).

This earthcache was Newgale Beach and was entitled "Beach Berms". In order to claim the cache, I had to take a picture of a pebble on the berm and explain why it is that larger pebbles occur at the top of "berms". The other Dr Tortoiseshell is holding the GPS and pebble in the photo below.