"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

25 September 2007

3 Travelbugs / State of the blog / Tortoiseshell's Nephew

"To the Rescue" Travelbug


"Sondestrom Messenger" Travelbug


"Brotherhood of the Travelling Teeth" Travelbug


Earlier this year, I discovered the Historic Tenby geocache on my way back from a work assignment. On this occasion, I visited the same cache in more relaxing circumstances to drop off a travelbug I had held on to for too long. Surprised to find 3 travelbugs in the cache, which I duly took back to my own travelbug exchange.

The Historic Tenby geocache is located on the footpath near to the lifeboat station (i.e. just to the right of the slipway in the photo).

Incidentally, if I were to be cut off by the tide looking for a risky geocache in my region (e.g. Burryd Treasure), it is from tenby that the lifeboat would be launched.

On dropping the bugs, I picked up Chilli the Cool Cat travelbug which has been overly detained in my cache. By the way, a couple of (gloomy) pics of Gower have been posted below.

More generally, my regular readers will have noticed that I have been less active on the blog of late. Certainly, the number of hits I'm receiving has dropped to an all-time low of late. The reason for this is simply the pressure of work and lack of geocaching-based travel opportunities.

However, I have very good reason to believe that a geocaching renaissance could be on the way in a matter of weeks... In the meantime, my congratulations to my brother, TCA, on the birth of his beautiful baby boy, (aka Tortoiseshell's Nephew)!