"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

22 June 2007

Geo-vandals

I was contacted by e-mail yesterday by a geocacher who notified me that my "Under African Skies" travelbug - destined for Africa - had been geo-vandalised.

The cute monkey, happily, is unharmed, and is resting with a geocacher in Caerffili. But he's certainly not going to Africa in a hurry!

However, the official travelbug dog-tag (pictured) has been taken. Apparently this happened to more than one travelbug in the M4 J30 geocache.

Simultaneous bad news has reached my friends at aber-cachers. Two of the "rainbow series" caches in Aberystwyth have been muggled, and it seems a geo-vandal has struck elsewhere in Ceredigion.

I don't get it. I hardly have the time to do geocaching, let alone be a geo-vandal.

In happier news, two of my geocoins have made it to an event cache in Oxfordshire: "Let's go camping in Oxford" Geocachers will be camping out for a weekend and doing the usual "event cache" activities. Who knows - maybe the event will lead to geo-love or even a geo-wedding!

I've given up writing new updates every time one of my trackables moves. You can follow the progress of my various trackables on the sidebar (right).