"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

22 May 2007

Best of British Geocoin

"The Blorenges' Bulldog" (Best of British Geocoin)


Those who know me will appreciate that a Union Jack coin with a British bulldog motif coin is unlikely to make it onto my sidebar list of favourite geocoin finds.

Nevertheless, an interesting piece of social history is inscribed on the geocoin. Namely, words by Winston Churchill in 1941:

"We are still masters of our fate. We are still captain of our souls".

On looking up these words, the first page I came across was the Churchill Society in London. I'm unlikely to take out an annual membership to the society. But I do admire their style: their word for "home page" is "frontispiece".

I retrieved the coin from the Tiger Bay Toddle cache. I originally found the cache in January but have failed to find it on more recent reconaissance missions for trackables. I have posted a note to the cache owner requesting that the cache be modified or archived.