"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

20 April 2007

Simply Delicious day out!

B&M C1 Stable Bridge (Traditional Geocache)


"Finsko 1" (Finland Geocoin)


"Norway or bust" (USA Geocoin)



"Smiler" Travelbug


Had the pleasure of a quick dash round south east Wales this week. I went up through the eastern coal-mining valleys, stopping at an old favourite cafe - "Simply Delicious" in Newbridge on my way.

It's always a very informal welcome. The decor isn't great (plastic tables etc) but they're always very friendly. I like the setting in an old terraced house.

Later, I was able to resume geocaching after a break of a week. I had a lovely stroll down the Brecon & Monmouth Canal (where K and I were recently) and I picked up an easy cache. Also grabbed "Smiler", a travelbug that had been left outside the cache - contrary to geocaching protocol. Tsk tsk.

From Gilwern, I drove across to Merthyr and turned north. I had expected to pick up a Belgium geocoin from "Resevoir View" cache but when I got there, I was surprised to see that 2 new coins had taken its place. I was glad to pick up a lovely Finland coin and my 4th USA coin.