"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

20 April 2007

A nice pair!

I am currently in posession of several interesting geocoins. Pictured here is the Whitebear 2006 geocoin which I missed out on when it passed briefly through my own geocache in autumn 2006. I picked it up last week at a nearby cache on the outskirts of Cardiff.

The second coin pictured here is the Finland gecoin I picked up at Resevoir View, near Merthyr. The predominant design is the Finland flag.

The two smaller flags are of sub-state territories over which Finland has part juristiction. The flag in the top-right quarter is that of Lapland - a territory which spans across several states.

The flag in the bottom-right quarter is that of the Aland Islands, a predominantly Swedish-speaking territory which is, to all intents and purposes, independent of Finland.