"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

20 March 2007

Around Anstey

iTraveling around Leicestershire gave me the chance to take some evocative snaps of the area where I grew up. I like to call in on the area once in a while to make sure it's still there!





Pic. 1: Old John Looking over Bradgante Park, "Old John" is a folly on top of a hill which offers splendid views of Leicestershire.





Pic. 2: The "twentyrow", Anstey. Situated on the edge of Anstey village, I grew up on this street. Specifically, in the second house from the left.





Pic. 3: "Memory Lane" (?!) Actually, a public footpath from the twerntyrow to Bradgate Park. This path conjurs up all sorts of memories about going to play football in the nearby field.




Pic. 4: St. Mary's Church, Anstey. This is where I went to church as a boy, and sang in the choir.

This place probably explains my penchant for traditional church hymns even though, as a dissenting unitarian, I have lost touch with Anglican church doctrine.