"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

30 January 2007

Aberystwyth: unfinished business





Rainbow Series - Orange


Rainbow Series - Green


Wennol I see you again?


Rainbow Series - Red



Samut Prakan, Thailand - Unite for Diabetes Travellbug


Red Squirrel Travel bug


Up to Aberystwyth for an important financial committment, then as dusk fell, to knock off some unfinished business from the Christmas hols. Namely, to complete Red Kite's cache series in Aberystwyth. Found the "Orange" cache that had eluded me n the dark on Constitution Hill before. The, found "Green" in Penglais woods, a beautiful but understated partof town.

Away then to Borth by virtue of the Clarach road to avoid Pyongyang - though I did have to evede "Nancy tickle me fancy's" house - to coin a Maalie phrase - to get to this one, hidden in gorse so used my maglite torch.

Back into Aber to meet Tim of Carvery notoriety. His business empire threatens to rival that of Aber's original Del Boy, Meirion Appleton (minus the sheepskin coat). Talked about his Paintball venture and I taught him about geocaching. I had pleasant steak and ale pie in the Varsity.

Having bid farewell to Tim, I went to the castle to do the "Red" cache. This was particularly tricky, hiden away under large boulders. Did contortions that Romanian gymnasts would have been proud of and eventually grabbed the cache.

Have just checked out the blog of Alan and Anna, aka Forces of nature. They have started a new forum for geocaching in Aberystwyth, which I will look at with interest as I am likely to be sweeping their caches for trackables (and dumping some of my own) when I pass through in the future. They also have a nifty logo for the forum which I've used at the top of this post to link to their site.

A white jeep was in the A44 Elvis cache on the Powys / Ceredigion border but simply didn't have the energy to drive out to this limited edition TB :-(