"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

14 September 2009

County map update

Several factors have taken theor toll on geocaching recently, most of which come under the heading "real life". Another factor was my Garmin Geko deciding to crash for good a few months ago, and a long interregnum, while I decided whether to pack it all in.

Nevertheless, 2009 has been an interesting caching year, if not a very good one in terms of numbers. In January I captured the unlikely county of Hertfordshire on my map. During the summer I have added Derbyshire (at last!) and Cornwall to the map.

Being me, I have a bit of a fetish for conjoining all the counties on the map, so the 'outposts' of Cumbria and Cornwall in the last year have created new gaps to keep that itch going strong! Part of the mystery is knowing when, and under what circumstances, I will get to cache in each county.

Oh yes - that record haul in one day in August this year means that Gwynedd has turned a healthily dark shade of blue - but unlikely to turn purple (50 caches - like Dyfed) in anywhere near the near future.