"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

6 September 2008

Wet day out in Cardiff (3): Garlands (again)



After having my haircut, I decided to pay homage to my favourite cafe in Cardiff - Garlands, which I have previously blogged. The signage indicates that it has changed from "coffee shop" to "eatery". However nothing else has changed - excellent light meals with friendly service in a cosy place. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and a pot of tea today!
The Jeremy Vine discussion programme on Radio 2 was on in Garlands today. It contained two excellent contributions, one by Martin Lewis, the very entertaining "Money Saving Expert", talking about energy prices. he is the reason I recently switched energy suppliers and capped my fuel bills till the end of 2009- thus avoiding the current price hikes.
The second contribution was by Stuart Hall, a colourful football pundit (who Maalie doesn't like, as a recall), who gave a monologue on the gloomy UK weather / economic outlooks in his own inimitable, poetic style. You can listen again here.