"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

9 June 2008

Travelbug relaunch: "Spirit of '97"



In May 1997, I launched a fairly unassuming minature black pick-up truck as a travelbug. It's name at the time was "London Calling", and I aimed its initial aim was to crawl round the London Underground system.

Having reached London, the bug was inadvertently taken to Germany in January this year. I renamed the bug "Liechtenstein Bitte!" with the intention of reaching the small state which I have a fascination.

The following pictures (below) show how the bug finally reached Liechtenstein, in the safe hands of a German cacher named Thomas Foltin. The TB travelled through Italy and Switzerland on its way to Liechtenstein.

As a result of its successful exploits to date, I have subsequently renamed the travelbug as "Spirit of '97", in honour of a succesful hitch-hiking trek I made as a student from Glasgow to Annecy in the French Alps.