"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

16 May 2008

Tortoiseshell's Norfolk Traveller


This coin was posted to me by the D'arcy Mob. I found a card in "Arthur's Trig Point" cache on Gower. It instructed the finder to send a code, in return for a geocoin. Lo and behold the coin arrived in a couple of days. The coin has its roots in Norfolk, so I've sent it out o a journey cross-country to an event cache being held in August in the middle of Norfolk.
In a former life, I had the dubious pleasure of camping trips with Maalie and TCA on Norfolk. Suffice to say those "holidays" made me the man I am today. Whatever interest I did have in wildlife, was quickly vanquished by those camping trips. If only we'd been allowed into tea-rooms.
There is an interesting story behind the D'arcy coins, which may be read at this special website.