"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

27 February 2008

End of the line for railway multicache?

Parc Cwm Darran Micro Cache 2 (Regular cache)


Heart of Wales Llanelli to Llandovery (Multicache)


"Cache Movers" geocoin


Business in the Rhymney Valley gave me a chance to travel via. Llandovery to finish off a cahce that I had started a couple of weeks ago, during a trip to Powys. I had collected all the clues for the cache on a train journey up the Heart of Wales. Now all I needed to do was find the cache. After some time searching, I found a small plastic wallet (which would have contained the official cache logbook). It contained an obscene note, scribbled by some local yokel yoof, telling us geocachers where to go.

I have debated with myself whether or not to scan the original note into the blog. My liberal instinct says go ahead, but I've opted to censor it. Here goes:

"We had a read of your stuff LOL
Strange f***s
Get a life you sad w*****s
Love xx?"

Fortunately, "xx?" had the presence of mind to leave behind a geocoin which had been in the cache - so I rescued it. The cache has been temporarilly disabled by its creator, Eclectic Penguin (aka Hywel) - I hope doesn't give up on it.

Onwards to Parc Cwm Darran. A disastrous session was averted by finding a single, easy microcache. I failed to find 3 others!