"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

20 January 2008

PhOtOmOm Geocoin: new icon!

Update: PhOtOmOm geocoin


One of the delights of geocaching for me is aquiring different geocoins. Each geocoin comes with its own unique icon. When I discover a new tyoe of coin, a new icon is added to my personal profile on geocaching.com. It's a bit like virtual stamp collecting, I suppose.

Last year, I picked up a PhOtOmOm geocoin whilst on an epic round trip of Wales, which also included Cheshire and Staffordshire. The coin was carrying the "generic geocoin" icon. Basically, the "generic" icon is the "poor man's option" - it cost's more to commission a new icon, so many geocoins just have the cheaper, "generic" icon.

Generic geocoin icon


However, logging on tonight, I notice that there is a new "PhOtOmOm Geocoin" icon, in the shape of a blue camera, on my profile. PhOtOmOm must have splashed out a bit more for the icon. So - effectively a new geocoin find - I didn't have to get my feet wet for it!