"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

4 January 2008

Festive caching

Regular caches:

Little Eden Bug Hotel


Watery Wales 1: Llyn Pendam


Watery Wales 1: Llyn Rhosgoch


Watery Wales 1: Llyn Syfydrin


After a monumental and very emotional December, it felt strange to be back on the hunt for tupperware boxes again. December 29th saw my first caching since early November. Caching was made possible by a drive up to Ceredigion for the annual golf get-together in Capel Bangor. Gareth "Trombone" Roberts won it last year, and he defended his title with 3 shots to spare this year.


The first cache was found in complete darkness around 7am, near the National Botanical Garden of Wales in Llanarthne. It was supposed to be a travelbug hotel. Alas, no trackables of any kind. Nevertheless, it was nice to be off the mark. The main agenda, however, was the completion of the "Watery Wales 1" series of caches, placed by my fellow "Abercacher", forcesofnature. The "Watery Wales" caches are based around small lakes in the barren hinterland to the east of Penrhyncoch. I had done one of the four caches back in Easter. However, this was my first opportunity to knock off the remainder. This I did with the gloom closing in, and time running out.

Now up to 143 cache finds, thoughts turn to my indulgence of a geocoin to commemorate my "150th find", whenever that milestone occurs...