"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

21 November 2007

100th Travelbug!


Scooby Doo's MacWomble (My 100th Travelbug)


Sian Bug (Travelbug)


Lulu Land (Travelbug)


Basil Bug Boom Boom (Travelbug)



"Motorgrrl Memorial" Geocoin


Gauss Geocoin


Best of British Geocoin


It seems a long time ago since my first travelbug, which was found on the day that I decided to become Tortoiseshell for blogging purposes. On that day I deiscovered "Captain Baldy", a pirate. My 100th travelbug was found on a ramble into work at the Taff Travelbug exchange (in Bute Park), which has proved very fruitful for trackable discoveries since it was set up.
Several new and interesting geocoins in residence at the moment, found my 4th "Best of British" geocoin - not bad for a liberal, left wing Welsh nationalist!
However the two highlights were the "Motorgrrl Memorial" geocoin which I've never heard of before. Also a "Gauss Geocoin", which seems to have eminated from "Geoclub.de", a geocaching organisation in Germany where the sport seems to be especially popular. Further browsing (and a closer look at the geocoin icon) indicates that the coin was named after Johann Carl Friedrich Gauss, an influential mathematician and physicist.