"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

5 October 2007

So Farewell then, Hamadryad Park

2 x Travelbugs ("Rosa", "Ernie")


Today I pulled the plug on my third geocache, the Cardiff Bay travelbug and geocoin exchange, at Hamadryad Park in Cardiff Bay (having already archived my "Cathays Park" and "Cute Coot"caches).

The reason for my decision is that I will soon be unable to maintain the cache. I had thought of placing the cache up for adoption with "Scanker", but the council have mowed away all the scrub that used to offer some protection to the cache. In fact, the cache has probably only survived due to the kind discretion of the council mower operative.

"Crazy the cat" travelbug in the heyday of the Cardiff Bay TB exchange

I have retreived all the trackables inside the cache, which now means I am the proud holder of a giant "Ernie" Sesame Street toy - which I shall be moving to another cache as soon as I can! I have also retreived my "mini seashell coin" which was resident at the cache and has proved popular with visitors.

I shall also be using the container as the basis for a first cache at my new location...