"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

1 August 2007

Feeling like a million Dollars!

Cardiff Parks 2: Thompson's Park (Traditional cache)


Cardiff Parks 3: Victoria Park (Traditional Cache)


Scanker's sTeamTraen geocoin


"Desert Ninja Warrior" Travelbug


"1622 Atocha" Travelbug


"$1M Travelbug"


Pic.1: The $1M Travelbug

Actually, I'm not feeling a million dollars today. But I did yesterday, after an unexpected day's geocaching.

First up was a stroll down to my own cache. Three interesting travelbugs were present. A Ninja Turtle, a repleca 17th Century Ecuadorian Escudo coin, and this beauty: a laminated million dollar note!

Later in the evening, I strolled over to Canton to meet a couple of friends. Happily, this coincided with two new geocaches that were placed in the area over the weekend.

The two caches were part of "Scanker's" Cardiff Parks series: microcaches placed in various locations around Cardiff's public parks. I had never known of "Thompson's Park" before so I was happy to find a cache in a new corner of Cardiff. It was a devlish little micro that I was lucky to find.

Pic.2: "Bronxite" and companion at Thompson's Park Cache

Whilst I was signing the logbook, I spotted two people who looked suspisciouly like geocachers. I tentatively approached them. It was "Bronxite" and a companion, looking for their first cache! I was glad to help Bronxite - over here from the states - in his first cache find.

Finally, I walked over to Victori Park for a magnetised micro cache that was placed under a public bench. The incentive here was a "sTeamTraen" geocoin. This is the signature geocoin of a team of geocachers from the Alsace region. The coin is pictured with Victoria Park in the background.

Pic.3: "Scanker's sTeamTraen Geocoin"