"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

4 June 2007

Operation Gwbert

Orienteer (Travelbug)


Canoe find it? (Traditional cache)


Celtic Leet (Traditional cache)


Foel y Mwnt (Traditional Cache)


Saturday saw a journey out to a long-standing engagement in Gwbert, on the south-westerly tip of Ceredigion. On my way, I was able to take a further step towards the landmark of 100 cache finds. All of the caches I had planned for the day were hidden by Twm y Tonnau, a prolific geocacher from west Wales.

All of the caches were superbly hidden. Canoe Find it? was a handy cache only a few minutes walk from the centre of Llandysul - will be able to pick up geocoins here in future. Nearly got muggled as I replaced the cache.

Next up was "Celtic Leet". I wasn't really planning on this but parking etc. was very handy, with a nice cafe for lunch. So made the delightful walk down the nature trail that runs alongside the Teifi Valley Railway. I was able to photograph the steam train as it came the other way. Left my Quebec geocoin.

Pic 1: Teifi Valley Railway

Foel y Mwnt is situated on Mwnt, a triangular rock which is a notable landmark. Again, an ingenious hide in the side of the hill overlooking the sea. Picked up "Orienteer" travelbug, which is attached to a compass.

The only downside was the multicache in Newcastle Emlyn. Found the clues OK in town, but failed to locate the final cache. Very frustrating. However, Twm y Tonnau has contacted me with info. that should help me find it next time I'm out in those parts...