"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

19 March 2007

Bradgate Park


Good Old John (Traditional cache)




Lady Jane Grey's Cache (Traditional Cache)



Moving Target #1 Travelbug



Bouyed by our success in the City Centre, Maalie and me added to our carbon footprint by driving out in our separate cars to Old John at Bradgate Park. We found the two traditional caches that I had printed out. Maalie could claim credit for the eventual find on both of these. I even had my hands on the Old John cache and discarded it, bofre Maalie realised that it was in fact the cache - in the form of a John Smiths beer bottle!


After this find, we went our separate ways. I retreated to a new tea room in Newtown Linford, on the site of the Post Office.

The Post Office tea rooms has just started up - I promiosed to give them a plug on my website. They do excellent food, very friendly and quick service.

Top of the bill was the full range of sponges - I had chocolate cream sponge myself. It will have to compete with the more established Jade's, but I found the Post Office tea rooms to be a much more efficient regime altogether.

One final note - I retrieved the Moving target travelbug from Good Old John geocache. The travelbug forms part of a cryptic clue to a geocache located in Berwick upon Tweed - which leads, in turn, to another cryptic "moving" cache.

More on this - and the rest of my round trip - tomorrow. Must dash.