"In your hands, the birth of a new day... " (Limahl)

5 February 2007

Anguish as lemon melt embargo continues


 Since the New Year, I have made a concious effort to ditch my habit for snacking on sweet foods (excluding weekends). This has involved taking in two Granny Smith apples to work every day, in place of chocs.

By and large, I have stuck to the rule of no chocolate durring work hours. I've only had two bars since Christmas, both of them AFTER work had finished.

However, in the last week, the Assembly refectory has stocked up with a new product which has got unmder my radar. Step forward the LEMON MELTS, which originate from a company in Tobermory on the Isle of Mull. The biscuits are approved by the Soil Association.

They are sold in packs of 2 at the Assembly. I've had 3 packs (i.e. 6 biscuits) in the last week. Oh well - this will have to go down as my bit for sustainable, indigenous Scottish industry.

UPDATE: Unfortunately, lemon melts have been unavailable for several weeks now :-(