- Recovery is fun! Doing enjoyable and loving things is central to healing.
- Rediscovering innocence.
- Rediscovering a sense of faith.
- A systematic way out of endless self-criticism and over-thinking.
- Non-judgemental: instability and hurt that I have inflicted is intertwined with hurt and instability that has been inflicted on myself.
- Always accepting responsibility for my own actions.
- Refusing to blame my circumstances on others.
- Linked with social empathy. Committed recoverers contribute far more to society.
- A lifelong process. Always a work in progress.
1 January 2017
What does recovery mean to me?
Here are some notes that are guiding my process of recovery, in no particular order of importance.